8 min read
A breakdown of rates and services from five industry leaders
- The cost of online reputation management ranges based on several variables and the great breadth of details within each variable.
- The best online reputation management company for you is going to be the one that specializes in your business size, your particular reputation situation, and your reputation goals.
- Cheap reputation management can offer temporary results – or no results at all - or worse results.
- Quality, legitimate reputation management requires investment in resource-heavy endeavors that can increase the cost but achieves better results, repair, development, and management.
Your reputation could be about 63% of the value of your business. But before you invest, you probably want to get an idea of what you should budget for and what level of repair, development, and protection you can realistically expect.
8 min read
You aren't the only one contributing to your online digital footprint. This article provides ways to protect your online profile from those who would do you harm.
What is online profile defense, why is it important, and how to get started?
- The online profiles of your company and its executives are vulnerable to attacks from multiple threats.
- Because online reputation has such a large impact on your company value, you must protect it vigorously.
- You can reduce the impact of negative content by fortifying search results with positive, high-quality content.
- Unhappy customers, bad publicity, competitors, disgruntled or former employees, and unmanaged corporate social responsibility can be vectors for reputation damage.
- In this article, we lay out the steps to protect your online profiles.
8 min read
- You may want to know how to create a Wiki page for your company, but if you can't (most companies can't), consider a WikiData page instead.
- WikiData pages are automatically created when a Wikipedia page is published, but a WikiData page can also be setup manually.
- Studies have shown that Wikipedia content ranks for 99% of Google searches, but WikiData is used by search engines to better understand the subject, be it a person, company, brand or concept.
- Wikidata doesn't show up in search results directly. It doesn't provide any inbound links. So why do it? It's used by Google to better understand your business.
- Setting up a WikiData page may seem intimidating at first glance, but Wikimedia made it easier by creating an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to make one.
What is a WikiData page?
There’s a reason Wikipedia content dominates search engine results pages (SERPs): it’s credible, recognized, and very SEO-friendly. And when we say dominate, we’re not using that term lightly.
6 min read
Can Wikipedia be edited by anyone? Yes, anyone can edit a Wikipedia page. But those edits can be positive, negative, or neutral. If your brand, or even you, have been lucky enough to be eligible for a Wikipedia page, good for you! Wikipedia shows up high in search results, confirms your brand as significant, and even feeds information to Googles' Knowledge Panel. But with all of the good that comes with a Wikipedia page there also comes the bad - again, anyone can edit most Wikipedia pages. Even haters.
8 min read
Google will de-index (remove) some online content
It may be possible to remove a web page or site from Google search results. But there's more to it than using the Google removal tool and submitting a request.
Most people think that what we see on the internet is there forever... but is it?
17 min read
It happens. Someone published negative content about yourself or your brand. Believe it or not, there are ways to get this content removed. Many tactics involve negotiation to get web content taken down.
8 min read
Are you the only person in the world with your name? Probably not. We work too hard maintaining our reputations to fall victim to someone else’s mistakes. This can happen if someone with the same name as you or your company is involved in a scandal or some type of negative publicity. The reputational downfall associated with their name can affect you since you share the same name and, as a result, the same search results.
Sometimes the actions that other people take can affect your own reputation in serious ways.
- What do you do when someone with the same name as you is involved in a scandal?
- How do you distinguish yourself if you have a very common name?
- What tools can you use to monitor what is being said about your name online?
9 min read
What constitutes right and wrong behavior for online reputation management and public relations companies? It's similar to how ethics in the media are treated. There is a lot of confusion. We hope this article will help outline what really is, or is not, ethical in the online reputation management industry.
6 min read
Can you make a web page disappear from search results? Yes, if you have access to it.
You can make Google ignore a web page, making it "disappear" from search results, by adding a "
noindex"meta tag to the HTML code of a single web page on your site.
If you don't have access to the site, someone does. The trick is getting them to do it. That's where negotiation for reputation repair may come in handy.
When Google crawls the page with the noindex tag on it the search engine will delete the page from search results. This method only works if you control the website and have access to the HTML code of a page.
7 min read
The genie is out of the bottle. In this day and age, everything is public and visible. A plethora of information floats around the internet and trying to control who posts what feels like boiling the ocean. To make it worse, it takes so much time to build a reputation and only one bad moment to tarnish it.
12 min read
Many businesses focus on SEO, social media and content to build their online presence. One way to accelerate your online growth is to focus on growing your brand through citations and mentions. Both Google and Bing have indicated that they can track brand mentions and that they matter for search engine rankings. Duane Forrester, a former senior product manager at Bing, stated that unlinked mentions can be just as strong a signal as links for measuring a site’s authority.
7 min read
Remember when Donald Trump said "America should never have given Canada its independence"? Well, that was fake. Fake news has a long and storied history. Ben Franklin spread propaganda stories by creating a fake issue of the Boston Independent Chronicle. Today celebrities, politicians and everyday people are affected by it. Tomi Lahren of Fox News was recently quoted as saying "If you die in a mass shooting, it's not the fun's fault, or even the gunman's fault. It's your fault for not believing in God enough". She didn't say that either.
15 min read
How do you get something removed from Google search? Well, there are five ways to remove content from Google search - or to effectively remove it. Content removal can be a tricky thing, but this guide should help.
Five methods to remove online content:
7 min read
Brand touch points are like digital fingerprints; they tell a story. What are brand touch points and how do they affect business? Whether you realize it or not, your brand's customer touch points are working to help, or hurt, your organization's reputation with consumers. If a potential customer sees brand-related content and it piques their interest, what will they do next? They may perform a branded search (using your company name), in which case it's up to Google what your customer sees. How dost Google love thee?
10 min read
Remove TheDirty.com permanently, in 30 days or less.
A good reputation is built slowly over a lifetime, but it can be lost in a single instant when a negative article is posted on TheDirty.com.
Fortunately, we're here to help. At Reputation X, we have a successful track record in doing what seems impossible - reclaiming your online reputation. Reputation X can usually remove a post on TheDirty.com within two to four weeks. If we can't do it, it's free.
6 min read
Yes, bots can now write articles. Everyone who uses the internet has interacted with bots. Bots chat with us on apps, leave comments on articles and videos, and write social media posts. We know that bots have the ability to put words together coherently.
6 min read
Web reputations are fragile things. Sometimes it's necessary to invoke one law or another to support or attack a particular position. To remove slander, online defamation or libel are no different. But you need to know which laws apply.
The secret, though, is that the law is often open to interpretation, especially when a law is relatively new and untested. Some of the body of online reputation law fits the “new and untested” heading. And while other elements are more settled, they don’t universally benefit those looking to burnish their online image or remove slander online. So while these five areas of the law may help your web reputation campaign, they may also work against it. In any event, this article will help you weigh the pros and cons, and consider the resources that might be involved.
5 min read
What is the difference between pushing down search results (suppression), de-indexing, and removal?
8 min read
We ranked the fastest ways to remove search results from Google from fastest to slowest.
Google gets smarter everyday, but even with new Google artificial intelligence systems like RankBrain or even "knowledge based trust" it still ranks information about knowledge based on human search activities and trust, not something so difficult to define as truth. So how do we correct inaccurate or irrelevant knowledge in search results?
4 min read
If you or your brand has a Knowledge Panel you're suddenly "somebody". It's a bit like a Wikipedia page for you or your company, but it doesn't need to be clicked on for searchers to see it. But how do you get Google to build yo one? And if you have one with the wrong information being displayed, how do you correct it?