6 min read
Not all ORM companies are the same. They have different strengths, weaknesses, and strategies. Here's a primer.
ORM companies offer a broad range of services: from monitoring their clients' names and brands online to helping them create new social media profiles. Some online reputation management companies also engage activities such as monitoring online discussions about their clients, and using SEO and Wikipedia editing to help clients control their search rankings.
3 min read
Content on your website gets stale. This is the plan we use to keep it fresh. The first step includes creating your blog post (step 1). We have a detailed blog post about that you can check out. This article is about what to do after your blog post has initially gone live (after publishing, initial social media sharing, and any initial link building you may be doing).
8 min read
A breakdown of rates and services from five industry leaders
- The cost of online reputation management ranges based on several variables and the great breadth of details within each variable.
- The best online reputation management company for you is going to be the one that specializes in your business size, your particular reputation situation, and your reputation goals.
- Cheap reputation management can offer temporary results – or no results at all - or worse results.
- Quality, legitimate reputation management requires investment in resource-heavy endeavors that can increase the cost but achieves better results, repair, development, and management.
Your reputation could be about 63% of the value of your business. But before you invest, you probably want to get an idea of what you should budget for and what level of repair, development, and protection you can realistically expect.
10 min read
SEO reputation management uses search engine optimization and other techniques to improve the way brands (companies, people, products, services, political entities) are seen online.
- 63% of your company value is based on your reputation
- SEO is a powerful tool for online reputation management, protection, and repair
- Every company should have a reputation crisis management plan, but only about one-half of companies do
- Smart SEO reputation management tactics can help get negative content off the front page of search results
You probably know that your corporate brand reputation is important, but do you know how important? As much as 63% of your company value is based on your reputation. According to a 2005 Economist Intelligence Unit report, reputation is the greatest risk facing global companies.
9 min read
What a personal brand is, why you need it, and how you build it.
- A company’s brand is the feeling, image, or value consumers perceive about the company or its products.
- Your personal brand is how the world perceives your reputation and your business stature.
- Your personal brand is crucial because it is what makes you stand out from your colleagues and competitors.
- You represent your brand all the time, so cultivate it.
8 min read
You aren't the only one contributing to your online digital footprint. This article provides ways to protect your online profile from those who would do you harm.
What is online profile defense, why is it important, and how to get started?
- The online profiles of your company and its executives are vulnerable to attacks from multiple threats.
- Because online reputation has such a large impact on your company value, you must protect it vigorously.
- You can reduce the impact of negative content by fortifying search results with positive, high-quality content.
- Unhappy customers, bad publicity, competitors, disgruntled or former employees, and unmanaged corporate social responsibility can be vectors for reputation damage.
- In this article, we lay out the steps to protect your online profiles.
7 min read
- Notability is a trait Wikipedia uses to determine whether a topic or subject is worthy enough to have its own page in Wikipedia.
- Notability is the ability of the subject to attract attention based on its merit over a sustained, significant period.
- Any person or business can become notable by attracting attention over time.
- A subject should be the primary topic of several reliable information sources to be considered notable enough to have a Wikipedia page.
9 min read
The complete overview and checklist
Corporate reputation is a complex and multifaceted asset that should be addressed with the dedication and care. The development of your overall reputation strategy should involve your leadership team.
14 min read
- Making your own Wikipedia page is tougher than it looks. The Internet is replete with articles that say creating a Wikipedia page for your company as simple and easy - which it most certainly is not.
- Wikipedia has rules restricting you from creating your own Wikipedia page or paying someone to create one for you.
- Creating your own Wikipedia page or paying someone to do it (though common) can get your content deleted and your account banned.
- If a Wikipedia editor has not already written a page for you, it's probable you are not notable enough to have one.
- A good rule of thumb is that you should have at least 10 articles specifically about your company to be considered notable.
10 min read
Editing Wikipedia: Do’s and Don’ts
WHO CAN EDIT IT, WHO SHOULD EDIT IT, AND WHEN TO STAY AWAY
Wikipedia is a one-of-a-kind platform. The best way to describe it is a not-for-profit, collaborative encyclopedia. While there are many alternatives, Wikipedia is the most visible online encyclopedia. It gets a lot of attention so it's no surprise people with a Wikipedia page would want to edit the page themselves.
7 min read
There are many free online encyclopedias to fit different needs, you may have more choices than you expected.
- Wikipedia is a great source for information, though many researchers don’t feel comfortable citing it as a resource due to its open contribution model.
- There are several alternatives to Wikipedia that offer different advantages.
- Some online encyclopedias are more reliable than Wikipedia due to different formats and ideology-based approaches.
- Wikipedia is the largest online encyclopedia at 6.2 million articles and growing.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online is the most reliable and respected online encyclopedia, but it requires a subscription.
You can’t always use Wikipedia. Although Wikipedia dominates search engines, it’s often not the most trustworthy source. The best online encyclopedias are the ones that fit your specific needs. Here is a list of free Wikipedia alternatives.
7 min read
- A percentage of your company’s value can be attributed to your corporate reputation.
- In 2019, corporate reputation was responsible for one-third of the valuation of the world’s top 15 stock markets.
- Investors are more likely to buy stock in a company with a good reputation than one with a bad reputation.
- Focus on foundational business goals like satisfying customers, attracting strong employees, and generating long-term company growth.
- Over 50% of the Walt Disney Company’s value can be attributed to its reputation.
9 min read
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) as a strategy is an essential part of your company’s reputation. Not only will your CSR help build your corporate reputation and customer base, it also will help protect your business from reputation damage and accelerate your recovery time after a crisis.
CSR mistakes can damage or even ruin your reputation, so it’s vital to plan and implement your strategy properly. We’ll discuss the basics of CSR, as well as the benefits and how to utilize it for business growth and stability.
8 min read
- According to Andrew Lester of FreshBusinessThinking.com, “A company’s corporate reputation is the sum of all the views and beliefs held about the company based on its history and its future prospects, in comparison to close competitors.”
- Corporate reputation is arguably a company’s most valuable intangible asset.
- Underestimating the importance of corporate reputation can be fatal.
- A positive corporate reputation is very difficult for competitors to replicate or overcome and can have a huge impact on a company’s bottom line.
- One of the keys to building and maintaining a good corporate reputation is keeping your stakeholders in mind first and foremost.
- Corporate reputation can be molded by things like search engine results, the content on your site, reviews, news coverage, and public actions by your company and its leaders.
7 min read
- Learn from the mistakes of companies that have weathered reputation-threatening problems to avoid experiencing a reputation crisis.
- Every company makes mistakes. How you fix those mistakes determines whether they make or break you.
- By facing up to mistakes, addressing the concerns of your customers, and taking a proactive approach to solving problems, you can save your reputation.
- It is critical to face up to problems promptly, directly, and honestly.
8 min read
What is reputation risk, and how to reduce it
Reputational risk is finally starting to gain some traction among executives and decision-makers as a legitimate and essential part of their business strategy.
Considering the massive and sometimes devastating effects of reputation damage, it’s a wonder there are still so many businesses leaving themselves vulnerable.
Learn more about what reputational risk is, where it comes from, and how you can protect your company from the losses it causes.
9 min read
The world’s most admired companies based on a nine-point ranking system
- Fortune Magazine has another well-respected, powerful list: Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies
- The peer-judged list is scored and determined by business insiders within each industry.
- List candidates are rated based on nine key attributes running the gamut of business performance indicators.
You’ve heard of the Fortune 500, a well-respected ranking of the largest companies by revenue in the United States, but you might not be aware of another annual list Fortune produces that ranks the admirability of global companies based on key attributes as perceived by a large audience of qualified professionals.
21 min read
The fact that the word “searching” is now interchangeable with the word “Googling” should tell you just about everything you need to know about what Google can do for a business that needs to be found.
Since 2014, Google My Business has been connecting local businesses with a bigger and better audience than they ever would have had access to on their own. With the accelerating transition to digital, it’s more vital now than ever that you get your local business online. So how do you get on Google My Business and why is it so important that you do?
6 min read
- We live in an economy where about 70-80% of market value is derived from intangible assets such as corporate reputation.
- Your company’s reputation is easier to gauge than you might think thanks to the Harris-Fombrun Corporate Reputation Quotient Model (CRQ).
- Many people consider The Harris Poll/CRQ to be a reliable validation of corporate reputation, so it can drive public perception of a company positively or negatively.
- The CRQ has become an invaluable tool for companies when managing corporate reputation and identifying new market risks and opportunities.
4 min read
Is your company thinking of giving to a charitable cause? Let us be the first to thank you for your generosity. Generosity is good for both the cause being donated to, and your corporate reputation. We've found that many companies don't optimize giving in a way that benefits their online reputation the fullest so here are some things generous businesses can do to not only help charitable causes in need but improve their reputation PR as well.