Tools used in reputation management campaigns
Online reputation management (ORM) tools can be broken into monitoring tools that tell you when a problem may be occurring. The second type of ORM tool is the kind that helps you solve a problem once it has occurred.
The vast majority of reputation related tools can be categorized monitoring / listening tools. Tools that actually help you improve your reputation focus mainly on improving online reviews. There are very few (maybe zero) software options to repair online reputation.
Truly improving or repairing online reputation takes a set of skills no software can match, although it may happen at some time in the future. We've broken down monitoring, outreach, and publishing tools below:
Tools for monitoring, outreach, analysis, and publishing
You can never understate the importance of your online reputation. From who finds you on the Web to whether they decide to do business with you, the image that is portrayed when your name or company is typed into a search engine holds significant power to harm you.
Keeping that image positive is crucial to your long term success, but it takes a lot of care and attention. There are various tools of attack for monitoring your online image, but they all tend to fall into one of a distinct set of categories:
This is software that monitors brand mentions online. This can range from scanning search results and review pages to looking for mentions in articles or other websites. These tools streamline the process of monitoring your online presence, notifying you when your name pops up.
- TalkWalker: We use TalkWalker and love it. It finds a lot of stuff and there's a free version, too!
- Google Alerts: Google's free service allows you to set up alerts for any term you want, but it's far inferior to TalkWalker.
- Brandseye: Get notifications on mentions, track data, and seamlessly make comparisons with your own internal data.
- Yext: Worried about inaccurate information? Yext enables you to easily monitor and manage your mentions on sites like Yelp and local directories.
Social media monitoring
Also called “listening” tools, this type of software acts as your eyes and ears, monitoring social media pages (as opposed to search results) for mentions of you or your company’s name.
- Naymz: The built-in RepScore tool closely tracks your social influence across various social media platforms to help you enhance your reach and supervise your mentions.
- Trackur: Receive instant notifications when you’re mentioned on a social media page. Integrated analytics allow you to track and analyze trends for maximum benefit.
- Hootsuite: This tool allows you to track mentions across social media platforms, as well as post and schedule content from your own pages.
- SocialMention: A free service that allows you to type in a name or keyword and scan all relevant social media mentions.
SEO analytics tools
SEO tools are necessary when engaging in a reputation building or repair project. Moz, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, and Majestic are all well-known tools for optimizing websites for increased SEO functionality.
Quality reputation improvement projects always include outreach. Publishers are hungry for content, but finding the right publishers and contacting them can be a challenge. Tools like Meltwater and Cision take out the guess-work and make the entire process easier.
Most publishers place content on their own, but some control many websites covering different topics. Some sites push content out to much larger networks via syndication. Outbrain is a good example of this type of publishing tool that pushes content out to a very large number of sites.
Don’t let the Internet overwhelm you. Take control of your image--no PR team required! Contact us today to talk about how we at Reputation X can address your challenges.
Businesses big and small can benefit from the software options listed above. In fact, these tools can serve as one of your most effective assets. The programs can work on your behalf, constantly monitoring the web for mentions and helping you respond where and when it’s appropriate. They can also be incredibly effective for gathering additional reviews and mentions.
Online reputation management tools
What are the different types of reputation monitoring tools?
There are various tools for monitoring your online image, but they all tend to fall into one of a distinct set of categories: monitoring, outreach, analysis, and publishing.
What are reputation monitoring tools?
Reputation monitoring tools can range from scanning search results and review pages to looking for mentions in articles or other websites. These tools streamline the process of monitoring your online presence, notifying you when your name pops up.
What are social media monitoring tools?
Also called listening tools, social media monitoring tools act as your eyes and ears, monitoring social media pages for mentions of you or your company’s name.