9 min read
In most cases executive reputation is viewed through the online lens. That lens is most often curated by companies like Google in the form of search or social results. When someone researches an executive or company the search results tell that persons story. In order to control one's online reputation there are certain relevant topic-specific sites that tend to rank better than others for executives.
8 min read
- Improve your personal brand online by paying attention to what Google reveals about similar people.
- Online content gaps are missed opportunities at generating awareness and interest in your personal brand.
- A successful content strategy addresses customer’s needs at all stages of the buyer’s journey.
- A quick and efficient way to spot and correct content gaps is a best-practices analysis of your competitors.
Don’t be misled by the name. A personal brand is first and foremost a financial asset that generates sales, increases revenues, opens the doors to new opportunities, and enhances online reputation.
Like all other financial assets, a personal brand is an investment—success demands research, planning, strategy, and a diverse portfolio of communications and content.
Most personal brand advice starts with something about being unique, finding your voice, etc. But once you’ve determined what your unique personal brand should say, what’s next? What “content” portfolio do you invest in to build your brand’s value and positive reputation?
What will the canvas of search results reveal about your personal brand, and how do you get Google to show the world what you want it to see?
6 min read
- Your personal online reputation is the information people find when they perform a search for your name online.
- Personal reputation management helps you monitor, influence, and improve your online reputation and personal branding.
- To improve your reputation, you must find what information about you already exists online, compare that to the information found for highly-regarded colleagues, and create a personal reputation management strategy to upgrade areas where your information is negative or poor.
When someone searches your name online or using a social media platform, what are they seeing? Is it something you’d be proud of?
Personal reputation management helps you monitor, influence, and improve your online reputation and personal branding.
7 min read
- A personal brand statement sets you apart from the competition.
- Effective personal brand statements are succinct, emotionally provocative, intriguing, and formatted with purpose.
- Personal brand statements are relevant to entrepreneurs, freelancers, and job seekers alike.
- Powerful personal brand statements answer the questions of who you are, why you’re valuable, what you do, and who you serve.
A personal brand statement has the power to define your professional purpose and allow you to stand out successfully in a competitive marketplace. Let’s take a look at the elements that can be used to craft a great personal brand statement and view exceptional examples that put those elements into practice.
9 min read
Make a big impression with your professional personal website
- A website that represents an individual in a professional context is a crucial reputation element
- Your professional personal website should include at least 13 essential features
- These five professional websites nailed their brand personality
- Investing in professional web development is the best way to make your website stand out
Your professional website does more than you might think.
7 min read
Here is a list of basic things to do when setting up a new Wordpress blog. This assumes you've already chosen a them and setup the blog, but that it may not have gone live yet. This article covers adding certain Wordpress plugins like Yoast and Schema, properly setting up Title and Description meta information, setting up Google Analytics and Google Search Console, content length, outbound links, simple ways to test speed, and more.
6 min read
- An executive bio is a summary of your professional narrative
- It’s written much the same way as other narratives using key elements about the executive
- Using these seven tips can make your executive biography more engaging and effective
- A shorter version of your executive bio can enhance your resume
- You should keep the length of your bio to a single page to maximize its efficacy
As a professional, whether you’re an entrepreneur or a key figure at a large corporation, there are times when other people and entities want to know who you are in your industry. Resumes can tell them what you do, but a well-written executive profile will convey your real value and personal brand. It can even work to improve your digital footprint and online reputation.
Writing your executive biography yourself will infuse it with your “voice” and make it stand out as a genuine representation, rather than a fill-in-the-black answer sheet.
9 min read
What a personal brand is, why you need it, and how you build it.
- A company’s brand is the feeling, image, or value consumers perceive about the company or its products.
- Your personal brand is how the world perceives your reputation and your business stature.
- Your personal brand is crucial because it is what makes you stand out from your colleagues and competitors.
- You represent your brand all the time, so cultivate it.
10 min read
Personal branding is the intentional effort to promote yourself in a way that establishes credibility and builds authority. Over time, personal branding can be used to position yourself as a leader in your niche. It is the act of building your personal brand.
15 min read
Schema markup can improve search results. It helps search engines understand web pages better. It is helpful in letting search engines know many things that may not be present in the text of a web page. Schema does not change the way a web page looks. It exists in the HTML of a page and is normally added by the sites' Webmaster.
11 min read
This article outlines how to build a strong executive brand online to support personal as well as corporate online reputation. It includes an overview of the issue, challenges, and a basic checklist of what to do.
Every executive is the face of their company. A strong brand for every executive supports the mission of the organizational brand as a whole. Here is a summary of the issue and challenges before we get into the nuts and bolts of improving executive image online. If you just want to see the checklist click here.
8 min read
Are you the only person in the world with your name? Probably not. We work too hard maintaining our reputations to fall victim to someone else’s mistakes. This can happen if someone with the same name as you or your company is involved in a scandal or some type of negative publicity. The reputational downfall associated with their name can affect you since you share the same name and, as a result, the same search results.
Sometimes the actions that other people take can affect your own reputation in serious ways.
- What do you do when someone with the same name as you is involved in a scandal?
- How do you distinguish yourself if you have a very common name?
- What tools can you use to monitor what is being said about your name online?
9 min read
Online reputation is like a credit report everyone can see.
Whether you are a movie star or an investment banker, your online reputation determines how others perceive you. Everybody can (and should!) manage their online reputation to make sure that it is the most accurate representation of themselves.
2 min read
Step by step directions on how to remove your data from data aggregators like Radaris, Spokeo, MyLife, PeopleFinders and Intelius.
13 min read
There’s a reason why the National Enquirer, The Sun, Daily Star, and US Weekly publish content that is all about scandalous behavior. We all love a good fall from grace story (unless it's happening to us), a red hot gossip drop, or a celebrity rumor. And when personal reputations start blowing up like Philadelphia on the 4th of July, we are tapping and swiping our devices to get the latest, juicy tell-all details.
You may not end up on the cover of US Weekly, but you nonetheless have a reputation. And that reputation needs to be managed.
10 min read
Why do you believe the things that you believe? Why do you defend your beliefs? Why do you like others who think like you do? We like to think that our beliefs are our own, formed from our unique, individual experiences, informed by our own logic, devoid of outside bias. But "confirmation bias" is one factor that quietly pushes us to one side of the fence or the other. In short, people agree with things they already agree with.
8 min read
There was a time when you couldn't get a chicken soup recipe while sitting on the toilet. Strange but true! It used to be that you asked your mom, or your friends, a book, or your local librarian for information. Today, instead of picking up the phone, everyone from bearded urban millennials to grandmas and dairy farmers turn to one place above all others: the Internet. How do people search? The three search types "do," "go," and "know." How people use them are explained in this article.
10 min read
Remove TheDirty.com permanently, in 30 days or less.
A good reputation is built slowly over a lifetime, but it can be lost in a single instant when a negative article is posted on TheDirty.com.
Fortunately, we're here to help. At Reputation X, we have a successful track record in doing what seems impossible - reclaiming your online reputation. Reputation X can usually remove a post on TheDirty.com within two to four weeks. If we can't do it, it's free.
6 min read
Most people around the world are wearing masks due to the pandemic. But can you wear a mask online? Yes, you can.
Online identity management is a subset of online reputation management in that it deals with the management of who a person appears to be online. One example of online identity management is the use of different personas for various online interactions in an attempt to mask personal identity exposure. Another is the use of a persons true persona online, but in a carefully managed way using search engine marketing, content management and public relations strategies.