4 min read
How Google Knowledge Panel can be changed
Google Knowledge Panel pulls information from many sources. It can be changed to some degree. Here's how.
The Knowledge Graph is a technology created by Google that shows relevant information about a search query in the upper right corner of search results. Results from Knowledge Graph and other sources appear in Google Knowledge Panel. To change the panel, change the information from where it gets its data. This isn't always possible, but sometimes it is.
8 min read
We wanted to know what cheap reputation companies do. So we did a little research...
In an effort to better understand certain aspects of online reputation methods and techniques we often review the efforts of competitors. In this case study, we looked at efforts made by a cheap online reputation management company for an aerospace executive who is experiencing problems with a Ripoff Report listing and Complaints Board post on the first page of his search results.
6 min read
What is reputation?
As the asset that most directly affects the decision making of your competitors, customers, friends, family, coworkers, and everyone else your name comes in contact with, reputation is a form of power. It's also fragile. So how's a reputation formed, what does it consist of, and what's the basic theory around how to build or fix it?
4 min read
It is possible to remove, de-index, or bury search negative search results
In the online world, there are hundreds of thousands of websites that carry the same negative content about you. This content is repeated over and over again on various sites and can be difficult to remove.
6 min read
Not all online reputation management companies are the same. They have different strengths, weaknesses, and strategies. Here's a primer.
Online reputation management (ORM) companies offer a broad range of services: from monitoring their clients' names and brands online to helping them create new social media profiles. Some online reputation management companies also engage activities such as monitoring online discussions about their clients, and using SEO and Wikipedia editing to help clients control their search rankings.
3 min read
Content on your website gets stale. This is the plan we use to keep it fresh. The first step includes creating your blog post (step 1). We have a detailed blog post about that you can check out. This article is about what to do after your blog post has initially gone live (after publishing, initial social media sharing, and any initial link building you may be doing).
8 min read
A breakdown of rates and services from five industry leaders
- The cost of online reputation management ranges based on several variables and the great breadth of details within each variable.
- The best online reputation management company for you is going to be the one that specializes in your business size, your particular reputation situation, and your reputation goals.
- Cheap reputation management can offer temporary results – or no results at all - or worse results.
- Quality, legitimate reputation management requires investment in resource-heavy endeavors that can increase the cost but achieves better results, repair, development, and management.
Your reputation could be about 63% of the value of your business. But before you invest, you probably want to get an idea of what you should budget for and what level of repair, development, and protection you can realistically expect.
10 min read
SEO reputation management uses search engine optimization and other techniques to improve the way brands (companies, people, products, services, political entities) are seen online.
- 63% of your company value is based on your reputation
- SEO is a powerful tool for online reputation management, protection, and repair
- Every company should have a reputation crisis management plan, but only about one-half of companies do
- Smart SEO reputation management tactics can help get negative content off the front page of search results
You probably know that your corporate brand reputation is important, but do you know how important? As much as 63% of your company value is based on your reputation. According to a 2005 Economist Intelligence Unit report, reputation is the greatest risk facing global companies.
6 min read
Most "website reputation" articles are about spam scores, which is usually due to email abuse or a misconfigured DNS. This article is about how a websites' reputation is perceived in search and social results by people.
Improve website reputation
"Location, location, location" has become "first page, first page, first page"
Back in the day of brick and mortar, enterprising businesspersons would always say “Location, location, location.” Fast forward to our currently emerging heyday of global communications and pride of placement still applies, except the first page of Google has replaced 5th Avenue as the placement of choice.
Modern reputation management is everything to a business; the information your former and future customers have access to when they type your name into Google (or speak it) spells the difference between your illustrious business success, or obscurity, infamy, and failure.
5 min read
The Internet is a bit like a video game—if you want to win the game, you have to master the rules. And when it comes to search engines like Google and Bing, the rules are constantly changing. Coming out on top of the search listings requires ingenuity, dedication, and even a little bit of luck. From the perspective of a reputation builder, search engines look a little different.
5 min read
Most people have no idea how a brand reputation campaign works. This lack of knowledge is frequently leveraged by shady reputation firms. Here is how to avoid the worst of it.
Online reputation management is a specialized field that requires a deep understanding of marketing, branding, public relations, SEO and a mix of other technical skills. Since online reputation management services are in high demand, many companies enter this industry despite not having the required skills. These types of companies attract clients by making big claims, unrealistic promises, and commitments they cannot fulfill. Naturally, they fail to deliver value, waste their clients’ hard-earned money and often cause more damage to their reputation.
31 min read
Online reputation statistics change regularly. This guide was last updated May, 2021.
If you’re like many brand management professionals you might lie awake at night wondering when the next emergency will upset your well-laid plans - take for instance COVID-19. We understand. The online reputation management world smolders with tales of tragedy, falls from grace, and salacious rumors that can destroy careers and entire businesses. As with any threat, a little online reputation marketing knowledge can go a long way. These facts and statistics should help.
6 min read
ORM is a relatively new concept. It’s based on enhancing trust and credibility.
Long before Google and social media brought everything online, businesses grew and expanded based on their reputation and how the market perceived a brand. Online reputation management (ORM) is a comparatively new concept, but it’s based on the same business principles: trust and credibility.
5 min read
Fake reviews are like fake news but on a smaller scale
6 min read
Traditional PR is for press. Reputation PR dominates search results.
Want to crush a competitor in search results? Want to save your own brand online? Perhaps you'd like to simply cause that great article languishing on page five of Google to get more attention - you saved all those children in Africa after all! Reputation PR (Reputation Public Relations) is often technical for public relations that can be used as a shield, or as a sword, depending on your needs.
21 min read
Most people stay on a blog post for less than a minute.
Follow these steps to create a blog post that checks all the boxes. The illustration below outlines the parts of a blog and how to treat each one. Each letter calls out a section below you can refer to, as well as resources that should help you create the "ideally structured" blog post or article according to many experts. This certainly isn't the only way to do it, but one of the best.
7 min read
The best reputation management strategies are proactive. In other words, if you aren’t actively managing your brand’s reputation, you are already behind.
9 min read
What a personal brand is, why you need it, and how you build it.
- A company’s brand is the feeling, image, or value consumers perceive about the company or its products.
- Your personal brand is how the world perceives your reputation and your business stature.
- Your personal brand is crucial because it is what makes you stand out from your colleagues and competitors.
- You represent your brand all the time, so cultivate it.
8 min read
You aren't the only one contributing to your online digital footprint. This article provides ways to protect your online profile from those who would do you harm.
What is online profile defense, why is it important, and how to get started?
- The online profiles of your company and its executives are vulnerable to attacks from multiple threats.
- Because online reputation has such a large impact on your company value, you must protect it vigorously.
- You can reduce the impact of negative content by fortifying search results with positive, high-quality content.
- Unhappy customers, bad publicity, competitors, disgruntled or former employees, and unmanaged corporate social responsibility can be vectors for reputation damage.
- In this article, we lay out the steps to protect your online profiles.
7 min read
- Notability is a trait Wikipedia uses to determine whether a topic or subject is worthy enough to have its own page in Wikipedia.
- Notability is the ability of the subject to attract attention based on its merit over a sustained, significant period.
- Any person or business can become notable by attracting attention over time.
- A subject should be the primary topic of several reliable information sources to be considered notable enough to have a Wikipedia page.